- To find information on the representatives from the Historic Triangle area, as well as how to register to vote, access Facts for Voters, 2018.
Click here to open the document in another page.
- To go to the elections web site of the League of Women Voters Education Fund, see the “Election Information You Need” at the Vote411 web site. Or click on the Vote411 icon below. This web site includes information on elections, candidates, election laws, voting equipment, etc. – and covers all 50 states.
- The Virginia Department of Elections web site, is a “one stop shopping center” for information pertaining to elections in our state. Here you can download a copy of the Application to Register to Vote to be submitted to your local voter registrar, check on whether you are already registered, find your polling place if you are registered, and see who is on the ballot in upcoming elections – among other information! It also includes links to voter registrars in Virginia cities and counties, including the City of Williamsburg and James City and York Counties.
PHOTO ID REQUIREMENTS FOR IN-PERSON VOTING (EFFECTIVE NOVEMBER, 2014)
Click this link to the Virginia Department of Elections web site, which explains Virginia’s Photo ID requirements for in-person voting in this state. These requirements do NOT apply to those voters who vote absentee. (However, First-time voters who registered by mail may vote absentee only if they show particular reasons for voting absentee. See the “First-time Voters” instructions on page 4 of the Absentee Ballot Application Form.)
REGISTER TO VOTE
You can also contact these local Voter Registrars directly in order to register to vote or if you have questions about voting, including your precinct and polling place.
- In the City of Williamsburg, contact Win Sowder, at 757-220-6157.
- In James City County, Dianna S. Moorman, at 757-253-6868.
- In York County, Walter Latham, Jr., at 757-890-3440.
VOTER PROTECTION INFORMATION
The LWVVA is a member of the Election Protection Coalition, which assists voters whose rights have been violated. To see their contact information, access this poster