Download all this information in a handy sheet
Facts for Voters, 2020: Click here for a pdf.
State Level Offices
Governor: Honorable Ralph S. Northam (D)
(804) 786-2211 www.governor.virginia.gov
Honorable Justin E. Fairfax (D)
(804) 786-2078 www.ltgov.virginia.gov/
Honorable Mark R. Herring (D)
(804) 786-2071 www.oag.state.va.us
Legislative: General Assembly
Annual session convenes the 2nd Wednesday in January.
The GA is a bicameral legislature with 40 Senate members
and 100 House of Delegates members.
During Sessions, Bill information:
Division of Legislative Services (804) 698-1470
State Senate: 4-year terms
Don’t forget about local government! These offices have a great deal of influence over our communities. Organized, consistent communication with these officials can shape public policy.
City of Williamsburg
Doug Pons, Mayor (757) 220-0961
W. Pat Dent, Vice Mayor, (757) 207-0924
Barbara Ramsey (757) 229-5109
Edward F. “Ted” Maslin (757) 378-2536
Caleb T. Rogers, (757) 707-9672
James City County
Jamestown: James Icenhour (D) Chair
Powhatan: Michael J. Hipple (I) Vice Chair
Berkeley: Ruth Larson (I)
Roberts: John J. McGlennon (D)
Stonehouse: Sue Sadler (R) (757) 585-9272
How to Vote
- To go to the elections web site of the League of Women Voters Education Fund, see the “Election Information You Need” at vote411.org. Or click on the Vote411 icon below. This web site includes information on elections, candidates, election laws, voting equipment, etc. – and covers all 50 states.
- Go to Virginia Department of Elections for official voter information for our state. Here you can begin the registration process, check on whether you are already registered, find your polling place if you are registered, and see who is on the ballot in upcoming elections. It also includes links to voter registrars in Virginia cities and counties, including the City of Williamsburg and James City and York Counties.
Photo ID requirements in Virginia
Voter Registration Where You Live
You can also contact these local voter registrars directly in order to register to vote or if you have questions about voting, including your precinct and polling place.
- In the City of Williamsburg, contact Tina Reitzel at 757-220-6157.
- In James City County, Dianna S. Moorman at 757-253-6868.
- In York County, Walter Latham, Jr. at 757-890-3440.
Voter Protection Information
Email the Voter Services Chair