Do you know how the League of Women Voters works to shape and direct state law and policy? Issues Groups are the basis for League lobbying. Groups lobby from a position on an issue and stay on top of changes in the issue of interest.
Are you interested in any of these issues? Join the group if you are committed to learning deeply and applying that knowledge to the 2021 General Assembly. Learn to contact state representatives with experienced League members.
All meetings are virtual as these are state-wide groups.
Contact Joan Porte to get involved: FirstVP@lwv-va.org
- Affordable Housing, chaired by Alice Tousignant, meets third Wednesday of the month at noon.
- Behavioral Health meets third Tuesday of the month at 6:30pm.
- Campaign Finance, chaired by Janet Boyd, meets second Wednesday at 2pm.
- Child Care, just forming, will meet monthly on third Wednesday at 1pm.
- DEI (Diversity, Equity, Inclusion), chaired by Doris Bey, meets the second Tuesday of the month at 2pm.
- Domestic Violence, still forming, contact Joan Porte for more information.
- Education, meets second Friday at 1pm.
- Election Security, chaired by Lisa Koteen Gerchick, meets third Thursday at 1pm.
- Environment, chaired by Monica Florio and Carolyn Caywood, meets fourth Monday at 7pm.
- GVP (Gun Violence Prevention), chaired by Christine Payne and Ruth Huffman, meets the second Monday of the month at 7:30pm.
- Justice, chaired by Kit Murphy McNally, meets third Friday of the month at 11am.
- Redistricting, chaired by Chris De Rosa, meets every Thursday at 2:45pm beginning December 3.
- Transportation, meets third Wednesday of the month at 5pm.
- Voter Access, chaired by Pam Berg and Don Craig, meets third Friday of the month at 1pm.