Do you know how the League of Women Voters works to shape and direct state law and policy? Issues Groups are the basis for League lobbying. Groups lobby from a position on an issue and stay on top of changes in the issue of interest.
Are you interested in any of these issues? Join a group if you are committed to learning deeply and applying that knowledge to the 2022 General Assembly. Learn to contact state representatives with experienced League members.
League members are invited to join LWV-Virginia issue groups that meet on Zoom by selecting your interest(s) HERE. All meetings are virtual since these are state-wide groups.
Contact Joan Porte to get involved: FirstVP@lwv-va.org
- Affordable Housing: third Wednesday of the month at 12 p.m.
- Behavioral Health: third Tuesday of the month at 6:30pm
- Campaign Finance Reform: second Wednesday of the month at 2 p.m.
- Child Care: third Wednesday of the month at 1 p.m.
- Diversity/Equity/Inclusion (DEI): second Tuesday of the month at 2 p.m.
- Domestic Violence: second Thursday of the month at 7 p.m.
- Education: second Friday of the month at 1 p.m.
- Election Security: third Friday of the month at 1 p.m.
- Environment/Environmental Justice: first Thursday of the month at 7 p.m.
- Gun Violence Prevention: second Monday of the month at 7:30 p.m.
- Justice Reform: third Friday of the month at 11 a.m.
- Redistricting: 2nd & 4th Mondays at 7 p.m.
- Transportation: meets quarterly at 5 p.m.; next meeting June 16 at 5 p.m.
- Voter Access: second Friday of the month at 3 p.m.