Try for the prize! In the right sidebar on our website, you will see the Advocacy Challenge link. This advocacy challenge is active during 2020 Virginia General Assembly session, which ends in April 2020.
- League members use this form to “log their advocacy” every time they’ve had a meeting, called a state legislator, tabled for their issue, or written a letter to the editor. The Local League that logs the most contacts with their lawmakers on the Advocacy Challenge form will win a $650 cash prize at Council in 2020. There are lesser prizes for second and third place, too. Every Local League president I’ve spoken with is hoping their League will win.
- Friendly competition makes it fun.
- Click the link to report in and get counted for the Challenge.
- Every League has the ability to win, because we weight the results by the membership size of the League. A big League won’t automatically beat a small League.
- When we send emailed Action Alerts, the software we use automatically counts your emails to lawmakers, so you won’t need to log your action for those.
After League Day, we will also want people to submit “after action reports” on their League Day meetings. Those are at the link Submit Meeting Notes.