The League of Women Voters of the Williamsburg Area and the Greater Williamsburg Chamber and Tourism Alliance Business Council invite the public to “Candidate Meet-and-Greets” for these candidates (listed alphabetically) in contested races.
Wednesday, October 16, 7 pm, Williamsburg Regional Library, Scotland Street
- Virginia Senate, District 3: Herb Jones (Dem)
- Virginia House of Delegates, District 93: Heather Cordasco (Rep) and (Mike Mullin (Dem)
- Virginia House of Delegates, District 96: Amanda Batten (Rep) and Dr. Mark Downey (Dem)
Thursday, October 17, 7 pm, James City County Board of Supervisors Building F, Mounts Bay Road
- Virginia Senate, District 3: Tommy Norment (Rep)
- James City County Board of Supervisors, Roberts District: Trevor Herrin (Rep) and John McGlennon (Dem)
- Sheriff: Sean Gormus (Ind), David Hardin (Rep) and Gerald Mitchell (Dem)
The first portion of the “Meet & Greet” will give each candidate an opportunity to provide a 3-5 minute statement about their qualifications, goals, priorities, issues of importance and other personal content. Ground rules: the audience will be asked to refrain from applauding or demonstrating support or nonsupport of all candidates during this segment. No campaign materials, buttons, signs, etc. will be allowed inside the building.
Following these statements, members of the public in the audience will have an informal and casual opportunity to speak with the individual candidates.
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization that never supports or opposes any political party or candidate.