A Voice For Citizens, A Force For Change
The League of Women Voters, a nonpartisan political organization, encourages informed and active participation in government at all levels. We do this in two ways: one is through Voters Service activities that provide nonpartisan information and programs to the public, the other is through our advocacy activities on issues we have studied.
Meet candidates for the JCC Board of Supervisors, and learn why they want your votes. Bring questions.
Jamestown Candidates: Jim Icenhour (D), Tom Phillips (R).
Powhatan Candidates: Michael Hipple (I), Joe Swanenburg (R).
The incumbent Michael Hipple will be running as an Independent.
Calendar of Events Learn More
- See the array of our current activities. And check out our Facebook page!
Current Year Photos Learn More
- Current Year Photos
Our 50th Year Learn More
- We became the League of Women Voters of Williamsburg in 1963! We celebrated during the 2013-2014 year with several Special Events.
Why Vote Learn More
- Then, the Suffragists went to jail. Now, we go to the polls! Our Williamsburg League has been working to get women - and men - to the polls for over 50 years.
Election Information Learn More
- Who are my representatives? Where do I vote? How can I get nonpartisan information on candidates?
Great Decisions Learn More
- What is Great Decisions?
Getting Involved with the League Learn More
- Improving education and providing voter services
About the League Learn More
- What is our mission? How are we structured? What is our history?
Join the League Learn More
- Why and how can you join our grassroots organization?
Our Local Positions Learn More
- What issues has our league studied? What positions did we adopt?
Newsletter Learn More
- See recent editions of the league's newsletter "THE LWVWA VOTER"
Contact Us Learn More
- ...for more information.
Links to other sites Learn More
- Take a look at these other sites!